The Bruntz Law Firm, LLC

Call us today for Free Consultation

Toll Free: 800-546-1195 | Local: 720-837-2960

Call us today for Free Consultation

Due to precautions related to COVID-19, we have expanded our options for remote consultations. Please contact our office to discuss whether a full phone consultation or video conference is appropriate for your situation.

Get Help Today And Seek To Stop Wage Garnishment

You work hard for each paycheck. When a percentage of it is removed through wage garnishment, the resulting financial strain can be a real concern.

The Bruntz Law Firm, LLC, serves clients in Parker County, Douglas County and elsewhere in Colorado. If you want to stop wage garnishment, our Parker attorney is here to assist. He can advise you about choosing Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 bankruptcy and file all the necessary paperwork on your behalf.

As soon as he files the bankruptcy petition, the court will order an automatic stay. This is a court order that puts an immediate halt to wage garnishment.

Are You Eligible To Receive Any Money Back?

You may be wondering if you are eligible to get any money back after you file bankruptcy. In general, the answer is no. Any wages taken from your paychecks prior to filing bankruptcy are typically gone forever. However, if wage garnishment continues after you file for bankruptcy, that money must be returned to you.

For example, sometimes individuals file the day before they get paid. That paycheck is often garnished by mistake. However, because the money was taken in violation of the automatic stay ordered by the court, it generally must be returned.

Learn More In A Free Consultation

To learn more about your debt relief options in Colorado, we invite you to schedule a free initial consultation with lawyer Damon Bruntz. Call The Bruntz Law Firm, LLC, at 720-837-2960 or contact our Parker or Broomfield office by email.

We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.