The Bruntz Law Firm, LLC

Call us today for Free Consultation

Toll Free: 800-546-1195 | Local: 720-837-2960

Call us today for Free Consultation

Due to precautions related to COVID-19, we have expanded our options for remote consultations. Please contact our office to discuss whether a full phone consultation or video conference is appropriate for your situation.

Post-Divorce Issues, Including Modifications For Custody, Support And More

Life is dynamic, not static; things don’t stay the same. A custody and visitation arrangement that worked a few years ago may not work any longer. Child support obligations that were not a burden before may be impossible to pay now.

When life changes, you may need to request a post-decree modification from the Colorado family law courts. The Bruntz Law Firm, LLC, is here to advise you about your options, guide you through the necessary legal steps and advocate for your best interests.

With offices in Broomfield and Parker, our post-divorce modifications lawyer assists clients with making changes to:

  • Parenting time arrangements: If you are requesting a parenting time modification, the court will look at the best interests of the child. Does the new custody or visitation arrangement benefit the child? Does the current arrangement endanger the child? Many times, parents desire to move to a different city or state. In parental relocation cases, the court will look at the differences between the locations and how each is likely to affect the child.
  • Legal custody: Sometimes, a parent wants to change who has the right to make major decisions for the child. If you want to change joint legal custody to sole legal custody, our attorney can advise you.
  • Child support and spousal support: Modifications to support payments hinge on whether there has been a substantial and continuing change of circumstance. In child support modifications, as an example, there must be a change of at least 10 percent in the amount to be paid.

Request A Free Consultation Today

Contact The Bruntz Law Firm, LLC, to arrange a free initial consultation about post-decree modifications in Colorado. Simply call our Parker or Broomfield office at 720-837-2960 or send us an email today.